[systemd-devel] [PACKAGERS] rsyslog and systemd

Mike Kazantsev mk.fraggod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 20:15:28 PST 2011

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:49:45 +0100
Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net> wrote:

> Heya,
>
> in the past weeks a couple of folks have been asking about the rsyslog
> and systemd glue in systemd, and I never responded since this was still
> work in progress. Things should be all resolved now, so here's a
> heads-up in how things should work now:
>
> I have just sent a patch to rsyslog upstream:
>
> http://0pointer.de/public/0001-systemd-use-standard-syslog.socket-unit.patch

Is there any reason why it resorts to "ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl
stop ..." instead of just using "Conflicts=systemd-kmsg-syslogd.service"?

Both seem to equally work for me, but I wonder if there's some subtle
pitfall in Conflicts= for this case, so you avoid to use it.

--
Mike Kazantsev // fraggod.net