[systemd-devel] user space boot time < 1s (was: Parallel startup with sockets and without killing the machine?)

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon May 9 12:45:16 PDT 2011

Paul Menzel wrote:
> > We can now boot a reasonably complete GNOME userspace in less than
> > 1s.
>
> Is there a demo image for that? What are the hardware specs?

Yes, a short and sweet way to reproduce these results would be
lovely. I was hoping to build a userspace with systemd for the
machines, but have not found time yet. It would be an impressive
demo. (We have Thinkpad X60, T60 and an AMD Fusion board.)

If it helps I'll gladly use sneakernet for file transfer.

//Peter