[systemd-devel] Failed to connect to socket /org/freedesktop/systemd1/private

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon May 9 13:57:13 PDT 2011

Hi,

Another systemd error I am encountering is:

Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket
/org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused

The message appears a lot throughout boot, full logs here:
http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110509/systemd-boot.txt

It also means I can't run systemctl to diagnose other issues I am having:

# systemctl status sys-kernel-security.automount
Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket
/org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused

Any thoughts or things to check for?

Thanks,
Daniel