[systemd-devel] Failed to connect to socket /org/freedesktop/systemd1/private

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Mon May 9 14:46:33 PDT 2011

On Mon, 09.05.11 21:57, Daniel Drake (dsd at laptop.org) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Another systemd error I am encountering is:
>
> Failed to get D-Bus connection: Failed to connect to socket
> /org/freedesktop/systemd1/private: Connection refused
>
> The message appears a lot throughout boot, full logs here:
> http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110509/systemd-boot.txt

You are lacking autofs4 support in the kernel. You should fix this first.

Your udev in your initrd is a different version than on your system. You
should really fix that too.

/etc/mtab is not a symlink to /proc/mounts. Please fix.

Your systemd userspace seems to be out-of-date, and not from the same
package that installed /bin/systemd. i.e. the abstract namespace socket
/org/freedesktop/systemd1/private was used in older systemd versions,
but has since moved to /run/systemd/private. Your userspace still tries
to access the old socket, but systemd 26 (which you appear to be
running) uses the new one.

> Any thoughts or things to check for?

Please cleanly install systemd, do not mix and match different
installations.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.