[systemd-devel] Problems with rootfs over nfs

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon May 16 04:39:26 PDT 2011

On 15 May 2011 15:16, Kay Sievers <kay.sievers at vrfy.org> wrote:
> Just a first quick check of an issue we ran into with ATA disks:
> what's in /proc/sys/kernel/hotplug before you shut down? Or what's
> CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER in your kernel setup, it must be ="" on modern
> systems, otherwise the kernel will they to exec() binaries all the
> time and keep the system's rootfs busy.

I'm also having trouble shutting down with systemd, and I have
CONFIG_UEVENT_HELPER_PATH="/sbin/hotplug"
So I'll try this solution. Thanks.

Just a quick question: is the same also true for Fedora 14
(upstart-1.2, udev-161)? i.e. can and should that config option be
cleared under that setup too? I guess so, given that /sbin/hotplug
doesn't even exist.

Thanks,
Daniel