[systemd-devel] [Netatalk-admins] Restart=always and "ExecStartPre" (netatalk)

HAT hat at fa2.so-net.ne.jp
Tue Nov 1 07:01:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

> ExecStartPre=/bin/systemctl start netatalk-cnid.service

> ExecStopPost=/bin/systemctl stop netatalk-cnid.service

This is very convenient because cnid_metad is started/stopped
simultaneously with afpd.
Almost all users use "cnidscheme:dbd".

However, this is not strict.
If cnidscheme is "tdb" only, it's not necessary to run cnid_metad.
strict setup is:
After=netatalk-cnid.service

Which should we choose between convenience and stringency?

In the future, the situation will become more complicated.
A new daemon "netalockd" is added to netatalk 3.0dev.

--
HAT