[systemd-devel] FW: pthread_create() fails SysV in myDaemon on boot

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Nov 4 05:12:21 PDT 2011

On Thu, 03.11.11 19:27, Michael D. Berger (m.d.berger at ieee.org) wrote:

> Which service file?  If you mean "myDaemon.service", I don't
> have one; I have "/etc/init.d/myDaemon".  Could I put
> options b) or c) in "/etc/init.d/myDaemon"? (I tried it, and
> I didn't start on boot.  But maybe my format was wrong.)

No, this must be placed in the .service file. We implement LSB
compatibility for init scripts, but do not extend it.

> In "ControlGroupAttribute" described in any man page?

systemd.exec(5)

> Is it necessary for me to create a "myDaemon.service" file?

Yes.

> If so, in what directory should I put it?

Either into /etc/systemd/system (which is user/admin territory) or
/lib/systemd/system (which is distro/package manager territory). The
former overrides the latter if a file with the same name exists in both
directories.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.