[systemd-devel] FW: pthread_create() fails SysV in myDaemon on boot

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 15:15:44 PDT 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 23:07:43 +0100 Lennart Poettering wrote:
> b) Explicitly place your service in the root cgroup of the "cpu"
> controller, by adding "ControlGroup=cpu:/" to the service file.

Michael, have you tried option b) ?

> c) By actually assigning an RT budget to the group, by adding
> "ControlGroupAttribute=cpu.rt_runtime_us 500000" to the service file.

I tried this with httpd.service and it does not work:
systemd[1]: Failed to write '500000'
to /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/system/httpd.service/cpu.rt_runtime_us: Invalid
argument

The problem is that the parent group is not allowed to use any RT
runtime:

# cat /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu/system/cpu.rt_runtime_us
0

Michal