[systemd-devel] crypttab tmp devices not fully initalized

Anthony Gialluca tonyabg at charter.net
Sat Nov 5 07:44:05 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I am fairly certain that the crypttab tmp devices are not being fully
initialized. The man page for crypttab states:

   tmp    The encrypted block device will be prepared for using it as
tmp  partition:
              it will be formatted using mke2fs and its root directory
will be set to mode
              01777.  The warning about the swap option applies here as
well.

Yet in 'cryptsetup-generator.c' all that is being done is:

 Line 141: "ExecStartPost=/sbin/mke2fs '/dev/mapper/%s'\n",

I think it should be:
    "ExecStartPost=/sbin/mke2fs '/dev/mapper/%s' ; /bin/mkdir
/tmp/$MAINPID \n",
    "ExecStartPost=/bin/mount /dev/mapper/tmp /tmp/$MAINPID ; /bin/chmod
1777 /tmp/$MAINPID \n",
    "ExecStartPost=/sbin/restorecon /tmp/$MAINPID ; /bin/umount
/tmp/$MAINPID ; \n",
    "ExecStartPost=/bin/rmdir /tmp/$MAINPID \n",

However, I wanted to see what the list thought. If preferred I can do
this up as a diff from the SRC.

Respectfully,
Tony