[systemd-devel] openvpn: tap0 & br0 missing

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Sat Nov 19 11:50:55 PST 2011

On F16_64, using the same config files that work on
CentOS 5 (with eth0 changed to p2p1), and starting
openvpn as previously discussed, the vpn_log shows
a good start with tap0 opened, but ifconfig shows
neither tap0 nor br0, with malfunction as would
be expected from their absence.

I saw some warnings from NetworkManager (which I
don't use on the old box) so I shut it off, but
it didn't help.

If you think that this is not a systemd problem,
please let me know, and I'll post it elsewhere.

Thanks,
Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger