[systemd-devel] question

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Sep 14 01:50:52 PDT 2011

Am 14.09.2011 10:11, schrieb "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson":
>> please open a bugreport - maybe they would hear if i am not would be the
>> only person who is unhappy about what was done with F15 but all others
>> out there are silent and hoping for wonders
>
> This is rather interesting the person that has been the nosiest the most about systemd breaking his system,
> disrupting his workflow and what not, is now advocating that we potentially disrupt all deployments by bringing in
> a newer release of systemd which means bringing in updates to surrounding components as well to accommodating the
> changes that have been made not only in systemd but the surrounding components so as well.

what do you exactyl not understand here?

F15 was released with a unfinished systemd with bad usabilty
like "systemclt" is quiet and i want it get finished where it
was released: F15

> How about you actually for once provide a migrated legacy sysv init script to a native systemd unit in a bug report
> in bugzilla instead of demanding one from the maintainer or help maintainers updating documentation surrounding
> their component or bring a patch upstream that fixes the brokenness you seem to be experiencing.

mhh if i look to the mysqld-socket discussion this makes no sense and is
wasted work as long policies forbid migration in F15, forbid socket
activation for most services and so on

> If you are incabable of doing the above I suggest you stop wasting people times with this noise

ah if you are not develop this which are unfinsihed pushed to users you
have to be quite? nice!