[systemd-devel] converting a xinetd-service to systemd

Mirco Tischler mt-ml at gmx.de
Wed Sep 14 13:58:48 PDT 2011

2011/9/14 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at>:
> What I have now:
>
> # cat amanda.socket
> [Socket]
> ListenStream=10080
> Accept=true
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=sockets.target
>
> # cat amanda\@.service
> [Unit]
> Description=amandad
>
> [Service]
> ExecStart=-/usr/libexec/amanda/amandad -auth=bsdtcp amdump
> User=amanda
> Group=amanda
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
>
> This leads to a failing service after I run "amcheck -c ..." on the
> backup server (this contacts the client to check availability etc).
>
> I am unsure about "User" and "Group" within the service-file, couldn't
> find that within the manpage.
>
> Stefan

Pretty much identical to what I wrote. You can find information about
User and Group in systemd.exec.
Minor detail: you don't want the Install section in the service file.
systemd wouldn't know what to fill in behind the @.

Can you get more information why the service fails? Maybe the amanda
log or systemctl status give you a clue...

Mirco

P.S.: sorry for the messed up formatting in my previous answer.