[systemd-devel] converting a xinetd-service to systemd

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Wed Sep 14 14:09:25 PDT 2011

Am 14.09.2011 22:58, schrieb Mirco Tischler:

> Pretty much identical to what I wrote. You can find information about
> User and Group in systemd.exec.

Ah, yes, did now.

> Minor detail: you don't want the Install section in the service file.
> systemd wouldn't know what to fill in behind the @.

removed that section now, thanks.

> Can you get more information why the service fails? Maybe the amanda
> log or systemctl status give you a clue...

I get "selfcheck request failed: recv error: Connection reset by peer"
on the server which somehow points at something like:

server tries to use bsdtcp-authentication and client (= the machine with
systemd listening) doesn't answer correctly.

My working xinetd-file is:

service amanda
{
	socket_type             = stream
        protocol                = tcp
        wait                    = no
        user                    = amanda
        group                   = amanda
	groups			= yes
        server          	= /usr/libexec/amanda/amandad
	server_args		= -auth=bsdtcp amdump
        disable                 = no
}

The amanda.socket fails after about two times trying to contact it from
the server.

systemd[1]: amanda.socket failed to queue socket startup job: File exists
systemd[1]: Unit amanda.socket entered failed state.

Maybe the "Type" of the service is wrong?

Stefan