[systemd-devel] systemd powersaving feature

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Wed Aug 8 10:15:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, 08.08.12 18:54, Federico Di Pierro (nierro92 at gmail.com) wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm usign systemd on arch, and i'm really happy with it.
> Today upower 0.9.18 has been released, with systemd support (it will
> suspend/hibernate using systemctl suspend/hibernate instead of pm-utils).
> I was only wondering: the only thing systemd can't do, right now, is the
> pm-powersave part of pm-utils. Will it ever be a part of systemd? I mean,
> i'd like to have systemd running powersaving script while on ac or on
> battery (that is what pm-powersave does).
> So we all will get rid of pm-utils (never liked it ;)  )

What precisely does that script do?

In general we try to follow the logic of what is good on battery is
probably good on AC too, and try to minimize the differences between
these modes.

Or in other words: what does the powersave thing do that we don't do
anyway? And why wouldn't we do that on AC too?

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.