[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 188

Peeters Simon peeters.simon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 14:26:41 PDT 2012

> Just installing this and logging in with gdm means that my session (as
> listed in loginctl) is not listed as active (which obviously breaks ACLs
> etc).
>
> If I try and manually activate my session (as my user or root) I get:
>

> $ loginctl activate 2
> Failed to issue method call: No such device or address

hmm, wierd, i have yet to test v188 loginctl on v188 logind, but
loginctl with my patches does work with v187 logind. (just tested
exactly the same 'loginctl activate 2' and it switched sessions
without any problems)

> This could indicate a problem with the dbus tidy ups perhaps? Didn't see
> anything obvious when I looked at the logind related commits however.
>
> v187 is fine.
have you tried v187 loginctl with the v188 logind? this might tell us
which side is broken.

I will look at the patches again. but i suspect the problem to be
somewhere else.

Simon Peeters