[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd 188

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Aug 9 14:36:39 PDT 2012

'Twas brillig, and Peeters Simon at 09/08/12 22:26 did gyre and gimble:
>> Just installing this and logging in with gdm means that my session (as
>> listed in loginctl) is not listed as active (which obviously breaks ACLs
>> etc).
>>
>> If I try and manually activate my session (as my user or root) I get:
>>

>> $ loginctl activate 2
>> Failed to issue method call: No such device or address
>
> hmm, wierd, i have yet to test v188 loginctl on v188 logind, but
> loginctl with my patches does work with v187 logind. (just tested
> exactly the same 'loginctl activate 2' and it switched sessions
> without any problems)

Cool, good to know that it's not likely a problem on the client side.

>> This could indicate a problem with the dbus tidy ups perhaps? Didn't see
>> anything obvious when I looked at the logind related commits however.
>>
>> v187 is fine.
> have you tried v187 loginctl with the v188 logind? this might tell us
> which side is broken.

Nope, not yet. Won't have time to poke just now, but if nothing crops up
for others then I'll try this as a test, but it would appear the problem
is server side from your tests (assuming it's a replicable problem) so I
don't expect much difference.

> I will look at the patches again. but i suspect the problem to be
> somewhere else.

As I mentioned I couldn't see anything in your patches when I had a
quick look either, but I didn't see too many other other logind related
changes in the shortlog at first glance. The problem could easily be in
one of the other commits.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie