[systemd-devel] udev device mapper rules for early boot?

Nikolaus Rath Nikolaus at rath.org
Mon Dec 10 11:03:54 PST 2012

Hello,

I have created a udev rule to set the owner of a specific block device:

SUBSYSTEM=="block",
ENV{DM_UUID}=="LVM-yYuoI8k05GWxZnz9BeEIwPUGGeojzF3dZZmXTYRqC051Tllj76OHdDlzYhKZUu7u",
OWNER="1000"

If I disable and re-enable this logical volume with lvchange, it gets
created with the correct owner.

However, when I boot the computer, the device is always owned by
root:disk instead.

I checked my initrd, and the rule is present in lib/udev/rules.d as
99-udev-custom.rules.

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I could debug this further? Why is
my rule ignored when the volume comes up the first time?

Best,
Nikolaus