[systemd-devel] eudev fork and patches there

Koen Kooi koen at dominion.thruhere.net
Mon Dec 17 05:04:14 PST 2012

Op 17 dec. 2012, om 12:17 heeft Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek <zbyszek at in.waw.pl> het volgende geschreven:

> Hi,
>
> eudev has made a project annoucement [1], and I thought it would be
> worthwhile to go through their patches and cherry-pick. I've now done
> that (until cc5c144a70fc37e 'Merge pull request #32') and the results
> regarding patches which can be used directly are not very impressive:
> one patch to fix clang warnings. There are quite a few
> build/compiler-warning in their tree, but they just seem to be fixes
> for problems introduced with their changes.
>
> Potentially usefull would also be the patch c189ab 'Fix unused result
> warnings', but it would be good if somebody familar with the code took
> a look if it is enough to print warnings (or even if they should be
> printed) or some more definite action should be taken.
>
> Also potentially usefull are the changes to allow 'make distcheck'
> without gtk-doc, but they are spread out over multiple commits in a
> messy way, so could only be used as inspiration.
>
> There's also nice patch bfc850 'Add fallback path when accept4() is
> not available.' Do we care about kernels < 2.6.28? (This version is
> according to man accept4(2), patch text mentions different versions.)

Keep in mind that your *libc has to support accept4() as well. I ran into that problem a long time ago [1]. Backporting support for accept4() is trivial. For systemd you'll need 2 more backports: cgroup mountpoint and the active terminal thing.
Also note that epoll() was added to non-x86 architectures a lot later than x86.

regards,

Koen

[1] http://dominion.thruhere.net/koen/cms/optimizing-the-boot-process