[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd v38

Rainer Gerhards rgerhards at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 07:14:54 PST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> rsyslog is actually too smart for us here, and will take the socket, but
> also open /dev/log in addition to that, which we want to avoid.
>
> I think rsyslog is actually doing the right thing here, though. It's the
> smart and the right thing to do to combine the list of sockets
> configured with the list of sockets passed.

On second thought, you are right ;-). But it would probably good to
have a mechanism that rsyslog (or anyone else) can query to find out
the right path without config change. After all, /dev/log was not
really configured but rather is what rsyslog uses as default.
Obviously not a priority...

Rainer