[systemd-devel] GDM service file

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Jul 10 02:19:56 PDT 2012

On Tue, 10.07.12 08:27, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 07/09/2012 11:48 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >BTW, as a follow-up to this. In this Fedora feature page you find what
> >I'd propose to use as .service file for the various display managers:
> >
> >https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/DisplayManagerRework
>
> Is not that proposed unit on that feature page missing mentioning
> that it should conflict with other display manager services as in
> the conflict section should look more like this
> "Conflicts=getty at tty1.service gdm.service  kdm.service lxdm.service
> xdm.service"?

Hmm, that would require that we listed in all display manager
implemenation's units all othe rpossible implementations. Which is kinda
suboptimal.

I think it is nicer here to rely on the display-manager.service symlink:
since it can only point to one implementation we effectively make sure
that only one instance can be enabled at the same time.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.