[systemd-devel] [HEADSUP] fstab now parsed by generator in systemd git

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Wed Jul 25 11:31:21 PDT 2012

> > Inotify? Calls systemd? Parses again? Dome already? In the above
> > paragraph almost all wrong.
>
> Well, I did not check the code. But when the generator creates the
> unit in /run, it must be notified somehow to systemd, no? Isn't it
> inotify?

Nothing gets notified at generator time.  Generator time happens during
early boot, where systemd suspends its activities, calls all generators,
and THEN (re?)parses all unit files to determine the final transaction.
During generator time, systemd takes no action, receives no
notifications, nothing.