[systemd-devel] systemd unit files for Debian based systems

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 16 01:39:06 PDT 2012

Dear systemd folks,

do you know of a repository or location where I can get systemd unit
files for Debian based systems? I found Lennart’s `systemd-units`
directory [1] but it does not contain units for programs.

The best way would be of course that units would be included by upstream
but this does not seem to be the case yet.

At least I could not find those for openssh-server [2], GDM 3 [3],
console-common [4] and cpufrequtils [5].

Also distribution independent files seem to be difficult since
configuration files are located at different places as is the case for
cpufrequtils. Arch Linux has the following service file [6].

        $ more /etc/systemd/system/cpufreq.service
        [Unit]
        Description=CPU frequency scaling daemon

        [Service]
        Type=oneshot
        RemainAfterExit=yes
        EnvironmentFile=/etc/conf.d/cpufreq
        ExecStart=/usr/bin/cpufreq-set -r -g $governor -d $min_freq -u $max_freq

        [Install]
        WantedBy=multi-user.target

For example in Debian such files are put under
`/etc/default/cpufrequtils`.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-units/