[systemd-devel] Systemd socket activation of DBus in the user session

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Mon Jun 18 22:17:54 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM, Peeters Simon <peeters.simon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> also i have been running the patch succesfully (both in system mode
>>> and in my systemd-gnome-session (which i will share soon)) for a while
>>> now (read: since last week) without any problem.
>>
>> ah nice! is that on systemd HEAD? Love to see the code :^)
>
> systemd-185-3.fc18, i dont like building a lot of stuff (poor atom cpu)
>
> the idea is based on your code, but split up in 3 parts:
> - the main daemon: starts session prepares for X and launches systemd
> as user (the daemon itself stays root)

Argh!

So you run a daemon as root. Do you pam_open_session() and all?

I'm running into this:

systemd[1]: Failed to create cgroup cpu:/: No such file or directory
systemd[4393]: Failed at step CGROUP spawning
/usr/lib/systemd/systemd: Invalid argument

spawning `systemd --user` from a system unit directly, with HEAD. If I
start it manually, no problems (but no CGROUP either).

Kay, Lennart, ideas? This worked before.

pre-HEAD has this mounted:

cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuacct,cpu)
but HEAD now has:
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
??

Also, I'm running your dbus patch (patched 1.6.0 vanilla with it), and
that works like a charm, thanks!

Auke