[systemd-devel] ssh socket activation (Was: systemd unit files for Debian based systems)

Alexander E. Patrakov patrakov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:40:28 PDT 2012

2012/6/19 Lennart Poettering <lennart at poettering.net>:
> On Tue, 19.06.12 18:50, Michael Olbrich (m.olbrich at pengutronix.de) wrote:
>
>> Hi,

>> > The Fedora packages have some, but I don't like them too much since they
>> > don't use socket activation...
>>
>> Is someone actually working on real socket activation for openssh? While
>> the inetd like stuff works, it does not perform well.
>
> it doesn't? In which way? It should be totally OK?

IMHO there is one "issue" with the inetd-style approach: it is
explicitly discouraged in "man sshd". It may well be the case of
outdated documentation, as I don't see any of the indicated problems
on my desktop or laptop. Still, it would be nice to clarify this
discrepancy in the unit file.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov