[systemd-devel] Hosting a sprint in SF?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Fri Jun 29 03:27:00 PDT 2012

On Fri, 29.06.12 00:27, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 06/28/2012 11:06 PM, David Strauss wrote:
> >  * Other suggestions?
>
> Last time I checked and unless I have missed something since,
> journal and systemd still lack the ability to be connected and
> managed remotely so you might want to focus on that.

Oh, there is network support built in, but have to set it up. One way
for example is to NFS mount /var/log/journal/<machine id> locally. Then
you will have beneat /var/log/journal/ one dir each for each machine on
your network and journalctl will automatically interleave them.

Yes, we will beef this up sooner or later, but the basics are there.

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.