[systemd-devel] Help with pam_systemd..

Kok, Auke-jan H auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com
Wed May 30 14:40:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM, Kok, Auke-jan H
<auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:56 PM, Kok, Auke-jan H
> <auke-jan.h.kok at intel.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Colin Guthrie <gmane at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>>> 'Twas brillig, and Kok, Auke-jan H at 27/05/12 08:05 did gyre and gimble:

>>> Just a random observation from an uneducated user... but does the two
>>> ExecStartPre's really belong here for a user session? Those commands
>>> look like something that should be done only for the system dbus daemon
>>> to me...
>>
>> good observation, they should be dropped.
>
> Just stumbled on some more issues related to this file, so, I had some
> time to reflect on why this service file was entirely broken, apart from
> the nitpick above, which won't do much unless you run systemd --user as root,
> which is quite unlikely.
>
> However, the dbus-daemon args are entirely wrong, and it bit me badly
> trying to figure out why dbus activation was horribly broken on my
> system to get things like gconfd-2 or gio working. For reference, here
> is the proper dbus.service file:
>
> ====
>
> [Unit]
> Description=D-Bus System Message Bus
> Requires=dbus.socket
>
> [Service]
> ExecStart=/usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session
> --address=unix:path=%t/dbus/user_bus_socket --nofork
> --systemd-activation
> ExecReload=/usr/bin/dbus-send --print-reply --session
> --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus /
> org.freedesktop.DBus.ReloadConfig
> OOMScoreAdjust=-900

argh, ignore this, using --address=unix:path:... breaks socket
activation entirely. Not sure why it worked for me in the first place.

It looks like dbus will need a patch upstream to work properly in the
user session, so, I'm looking at that at this time.

Auke