[systemd-devel] Verbose output option when starting daemons manually

William Giokas 1007380 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:23:44 PST 2012

All,

I have been using systemd for a few months now, and I must say, it is a
great init system. I myself am no coder, else I would attempt to write
something to do just this. One not-dealbreaking thing that I do find
lacking is a verbose option for `systemctl start <unit>`, essentially
running `journalctl -f -u <unit>` (and possibly for multiple dependent
units as well). For most services, I feel like this would be a line or
two of output just saying "It worked!" or "It broke!" but for services
like netcfg@, or services that start dependencies, it could be useful to
see what's getting started and how it's getting started. Again, feel free
to ignore me, I don't know how feasible or practical this would be, but
it seems like it would be useful.

Again, sorry that I cannot put something together myself to at least
show you.

Thank you for your time.

--
William Giokas | KaiSforza