[systemd-devel] Verbose output option when starting daemons manually

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Thu Nov 8 22:58:50 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 09, 2012 at 12:45:22AM +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> What's lacking is the status to be shown when units are manually
> started/reloaded/restart/stopped there is just one slight problem
> implementing that which is you dont want that output when the
> service is started at boot time or shutdown...
>
> perhaps that could be solved by introducing specific boot-start and
> shutdown-stop switches which would only be used to start unit or
> shut down units at boot-up/shutdown

  We already have verbose indicator, used on boot-up/shutdown; it is
responsible for pretty display of
       Starting foo...
[ OK ] Started foo.

  So this would be
   if (istty() && !show_status)
	do the journal output

--
Tomasz Torcz                                                       72->|   80->|
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl                                          72->|   80->|