[systemd-devel] What does it take to make test-engine working again?

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Tue Nov 20 10:32:19 PST 2012

On Wed, 31.10.12 08:43, Holger Freyther (holger at freyther.de) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I made a small change and wanted to add test coverage for the bug
> I was fixing. The only test that is loading units appears to be
> test-engine. Sadly this test is not executed as part of make check
> and executing it by hand results in an assertion when starting the
> first job.
>
> Is there a preferred way to test loading of units? Does the test work
> for someone?

That specific test is really old, and hasn't been used in a long time. I
guess we should either remove it or make it work again. (Happy to take
patches...)

We usually use the functional tests with qemu/LXC instead, i.e. the
stuff in test/TEST-0*/, which builds an entire OS and tries to boot that
up.

More unit tests for parsing unit files would be very desirable though!

Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.