[systemd-devel] What does it take to make test-engine working again?

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Wed Nov 21 12:26:06 PST 2012

Lennart Poettering <lennart <at> poettering.net> writes:

> That specific test is really old, and hasn't been used in a long time. I
> guess we should either remove it or make it work again. (Happy to take
> patches...)

Okay, I will post a patch for the removal (it is broken beyond repair at
this point, e.g. I need to inhibit the code of parsing /lib/...).

> More unit tests for parsing unit files would be very desirable though!

The bigger question is how to avoid bitrot again? Koen pointed me to
a jenkins but it doesn't run make check. The other part is that the output
of the tests is very verbose and it is difficult to see the real error. In
our Osmocom projects we are using the GNU autotest facility and it creates
output like this:

## libosmocore UNKNOWN test suite. ##

Regression tests.

  1: a5                                       ok
  2: bssgp-fc                                 ok
  3: bits                                     ok

cheers
  holger