[systemd-devel] [ANNOUNCE] systemd v196

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Fri Nov 23 01:41:20 PST 2012

On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 10:29:53AM +0100, Henrik Grindal Bakken wrote:
> > Any ideas?
>
> I'm running 196 just fine on a 3.0 vendor kernel, so it's not a
> universal problem.  I also use getty on the serial port, with no local
> modifications.
>
> I believe the requirement for a 3.4 (or something) kernel came in 188
> for some logging bits, although I'm not sure.  systemd should work
> just fine without it, though.

v189 NEWS:

 * Support for reading kernel messages from /proc/kmsg has now
   been removed. If you want kernel messages in the journal
   make sure to run a recent kernel (>= 3.5) that supports
   reading structured messages from /dev/kmsg (see above).

--
Tomasz Torcz            There exists no separation between gods and men:
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   one blends softly casual into the other.