[systemd-devel] logind: multiseat without framebuffer graphic cards

Oleg Samarin osamarin68 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:37:52 PST 2012

> > But nigther user of seat0 nor user of seat1 can access it even another

> > > user is not working with it, even no user is logged on anothe seat.

I made more testing and found, that /dev/snd/seq is accessible for any
user, logged in on the seat0, but not to one logged on the seat1.

After reading login_acl.c, seems, the reason is the /dev/snd/seq device has
'uaccess' tag, but do not have 'ID_SEAT' property. So logind assumes this
device belongs to seat0.

I think logind should treat such device as shared and accessible with all
seats. My idea is to treat all devices with 'uaccess' tag but without
'seat' tag as shared.

Lennart, what is your opinion on this? If nobody is opposite, this Saturday
I could try to fix it in login_acl and to prepare a patch.