[systemd-devel] Launching a unit in response to a D-Bus signal

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 07:58:42 PDT 2012

On 10/02/2012 12:47 PM, Mirco Tischler wrote:
> How do you do that? systemd doesn't have any support to manage network
> connections. It lacks information about the state of the network
> devices and cannot configure them as well.

Today systemd cant but in the future it might depending on how things
progress.

 From my point of view an single network management application should
be integrated into the init system in this case systemd/CoreOS.

It just begs the question to what extent as to complexity.

In the end the solution what ever it might be needs to be something that
can be light enough to be on embedded but flexible enough to handle
complex server environment with the desktop falling somewhere between
those two.

I'm very well that a lot of people think forking is fun but I just dont
tend to agree with that for something that is fundamental part of the
underlying OS as network management is and should be from my pov.

JBG