[systemd-devel] One of my fundamental problems with systemd...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Oct 26 18:50:27 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 18:32 -0700, Kok, Auke-jan H wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 16:51 -0700, Kok, Auke-jan H wrote:
> >
> >> This should help. Obviously, journalctl should help you a lot as well.
> >
> > And journalctl gave me jack shit trying to figure this out and I really
> > DON'T need yet another obscure command to dig out errors that should
> > have been presented in the first place.

> fine, be that way.

> Please stop using systemd. You're obviously not interested in actually
> talking on a normal level to developers that can, and may actually
> want to help you.

Excuse me?  I'm a kernel maintainer and a member of the Samba team.  I
have dedicated almost 2 decades to promoting and developing several
dozen open source projects I will not enumerate here.

I'm willing to help but I'm extremely frustrated at this point.  When
things don't work and I can't drill down to the reason and people give
me platitudes I get frustrated.

Would you like access to this container?  If you are on IPv6, I'll give
you immediate root shell access.  Send me and RSA key and I will send
you the FQDN and give you sudo access!  Then you can tell me!  IPv4
would take a little longer.  I've done this VMware and others.  I
believe in solving problems not making excuses for why it didn't work.

> Auke

Regards,
Mike