[systemd-devel] One of my fundamental problems with systemd...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Fri Oct 26 19:16:47 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 22:05 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-10-26 at 21:50 -0400, Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> > > fine, be that way.
>
> > > Please stop using systemd. You're obviously not interested in actually
> > > talking on a normal level to developers that can, and may actually
> > > want to help you.
>
> Obviously, if I am to maintain an environment based on these
> distributions, that is impossible.  Fedora has made it abjectly
> impossible to dispose of systemd an to even drop back to upstart at this
> point.  That is not an option.

> > Excuse me?  I'm a kernel maintainer and a member of the Samba team.  I
> > have dedicated almost 2 decades to promoting and developing several
> > dozen open source projects I will not enumerate here.

BTW...  Not to drop names (which I'm about to do) or anything and I know
in a big organization not everybody knows everyone but...

Just for references, if there is any question as to who I am, please
check with Jeff Boerio <jeff.boerio at intel.com> or Bruce Monroe
<bruce.monroe at intel.com> on your CERT teams in case there's some
question about just who I am.  I think they can provide sufficient
references for me.