[systemd-devel] One of my fundamental problems with systemd...

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Sat Oct 27 02:04:42 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 6:02 AM, Michael H. Warfield <mhw at wittsend.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-10-27 at 05:24 +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
>> sent too quickly..

>> > I prefer judging myself. And at the moment I see you using words like:
>> >  - crap
>> >  - POS
>>  - barf
>>  - fsck (though meaning fuck)
>
>> It is not needed to tell what you did. Just be nice and people will show
>> the same courtesy.
>
> Offense not intended.  It's the terms we use in several other forums
> with no offense take.  In fact, in the Openswan forum "barf" has a
> specific command and meaning.  If you have a problem with Openswan you
> are quite often asked for the "barf" (dump).
>
> Maybe I'm too old and too abrasive and too use to the old culture where
> this was common.

We are actually proud here not to act or need to talk like people on
LKML. We generally enjoy to talk like respectful and civilized people,
and want to keep it that way.

In our view, it never had much to do with "culture", but mostly with
missing communications skills or other personal issues which do not
belong into technical discussions -- none of it in the end, is
anything to be proud of.

We do not encourage or reward talking like this here, we just don't
like it. What you primarily accomplish with this, is that you will be
ignored, even if it contains things that should better have been
discussed.

Thanks,
Kay