[systemd-devel] Handling lid close in logind?

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 02:17:16 PDT 2012

On 3 September 2012 09:17, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek
<zbyszek at in.waw.pl> wrote:
> Laptop emits a long series of angry beeps. If it starts really overheating,
> thermal protection kicks in and the laptop shuts down.

Unless you're a macbook, with the white thermoplastic cover. Gloopy mess :)

I don't think the desktop guys want any kind of authentication when
the lid is closed. How feasible would it be to do the suspend when the
inhibit is removed? I guess then it puts logind into a "active but
will suspend asap" state which might be difficult to handle.

Richard.