[systemd-devel] Cryptsetup on FakeRAID fails with timeout

Kay Sievers kay at vrfy.org
Mon Sep 24 06:12:51 PDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Lennart Poettering
<lennart at poettering.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 24.09.12 12:22, Ali Lown (ali at lown.me.uk) wrote:

>> /dev/md0p1:
>> P: /devices/virtual/block/md0/md0p1
>> E: DEVTYPE=partition
>> E: SUBSYSTEM=block
>> E: SYSTEMD_READY=0
>> E: TAGS=:systemd:

>> /dev/md0p5 and /dev/md0p6 also report SYSTEMD_READY=0
>>
>> So, the tag isn't being set correctly?
>
> The tag is there correctly (i.e. as you ca see in the TAGS= field, which
> includes systemd for both cases).
>
> My edcuated guess is that this is a result of you having a partition
> table on top of md, which causes the md rules in 99-systemd.rules not
> have ay effect on the partition block devices.

Not sure, if that's the whole story:
  http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=d2fff1ced447c09c6601a6617300467ccd81660b

The current rules always marked all MD partitions as inactive, which
does not sound right. We are not even sure if the partitions would
ever get a change event later.

Please try if that makes things better, as said, there might be more
needed than that.

Thanks,
Kay