[systemd-devel] systemd-coredump large memory allocation

Umut Tezduyar umut at tezduyar.com
Wed Apr 24 12:53:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

Thank you for doing this before me.

We do not log anything but call log_oom() if realloc() fails. I was
wondering if we should do best effort and write what ever we have read up
to the failed realloc(). Maybe even append something like "... due to lack
of memory, coredump is not complete".

I am still thinking "some information" might be better than "no
information" for a crash.