[systemd-devel] systemd-coredump large memory allocation

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Apr 24 15:00:59 PDT 2013

On Wed, 2013-04-24 at 21:53 +0200, Umut Tezduyar wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Thank you for doing this before me.
>

> We do not log anything but call log_oom() if realloc() fails. I was
> wondering if we should do best effort and write what ever we have read
> up to the failed realloc().

That's not likely to be very useful; at least gdb doesn't cope
well with truncated cores.

Ideally we'd at least extract a backtrace, but that gets into
a host of issues.  I suspect something a lot of people would like
to see here would be support for the minidump format:
http://code.google.com/p/google-breakpad/wiki/GettingStartedWithBreakpad