[systemd-devel] journal file corruption again

Allin Cottrell cottrell at wfu.edu
Mon Apr 29 10:35:07 PDT 2013

This refers back to
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-April/010272.html
where I reported journal files containing "Invalid object
contents". At the time I was running systemd 200, and Cristian
Rodríguez replied that this issue was a "journal corruption
thingy, well known, fixed in 201".

I'm now running systemd 202. After a period in which all
journal files passed "journalctl --verify" I'm now seeing some
corruption again. My files for April 23 and 25 show "Invalid
object contents at 1092360 (of 1097728, 99%)" and "Invalid
object contents at 63840 (of 1396736, 4%)", respectively.
Nothing bad happened to the system on those days. Again,
debugging shows

o->data.entry_offset = 0
o->object.flags = 0
o->object.type = 1

for the offending objects. journald.conf is all defaults apart
from

SplitMode=none
SystemMaxUse=16M

--