[systemd-devel] EFI boot generator failing to detect I'm actually booting on EFI

Léo Gillot-Lamure leo.gillot at navaati.net
Tue Apr 30 06:08:06 PDT 2013

Hi.

I run an EFI system with gentoo, gummiboot and systemd 202 (and no initramfs).
I'm expecting my ESP to be mounted on /boot thanks to the
systemd-efi-boot-generator, however it is not. By stracting it for the
open syscall, I can see that the last call is this one, before
EXIT_SUCCESSing :

> open("/sys/firmware/efi/efivars/LoaderDevicePartUUID-4a67b082-0a4c-41cf-b6c7-440b29bb8c4f", O_RDONLY|O_NOCTTY|O_CLOEXEC) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

Thus the failing call is efi_get_loader_device_part_uuid at line 58 of
efi-boot-generator.c not finding the LoaderDevicePartUUID variable.
Is my firmware buggy ? Could the generator be modified to work anyway ?

Thanks.

Léo Gillot-Lamure.