[systemd-devel] advice for fixing systemd206 installation please

lux-integ lux-integ at btconnect.com
Mon Aug 5 07:45:58 PDT 2013

greetings,

I am attempt to learn how to use systemd.

I installed systemd-206 on a machine with these:-
--OS cblfs pure 64bit
--cpu amd64
--kerernel  linux-3.10.5
--no X11  but radeon GPU

I am using all the 'systemd' defaults:-
These are my findings:-

--A) The machine boots to command prompt  with large fonts. But a few minutes
after logging in the screen is refreshed and small fonts appear and the
machine hangs.

--B) insertion of a usb stick has the screen spewing line of 10 words of the
type  (for example )
[  yada yada yada ] aa bb cc dd ee ff gg hh ii jj
SD S:0:0:0 [sdc] No cache mode page
but no files in dev  for  /dev/sdc

-----ordinary SATA  hard disks
-----hard-disks with usb interfaces
-----compact-flash devices with SATA interfces
register in /dev   ( and are mountable )

BUT
------usb flash devices
DO NOT register in /dev
.  These are traditionally formatted with FAT.

(and my kernel has fat support compiled in )

---C)  The partition with systemd sits below a partition  (call this
/dev/sda1) with grub2.  After compiling the kernel in one instance  I had
mounted /dev/sda1 on /mnt/somewhere   then  unmounted and rebooted.
On rebooting mount shows /dev/sda1  as still been mounted on /mnt/somewhere.
Even after I did a umount /mnt/somewhere and deleted /mnt/somewhere and
rebooted mount everytime shows /dev/sda1 as mounted on /mnt/soewhere

I would be grateful for advice to fix A, B and C

sincerely
luxInteg