[systemd-devel] User journal corrupted or uncleanly shut down, renaming and replacing

Pedro Francisco pedrogfrancisco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 06:58:08 PDT 2013

Hi,
Systemd complains frequently about corrupted journal. Do note: I don't
have the default mount options.

$ dmesg |grep corrupte
[   51.766346] systemd-journald[181]: File
/var/log/journal/06fde5edd4974fa9a343215f093f5aae/user-42.journal
corrupted or uncleanly shut down, renaming and replacing.

$ sudo rpm -qa systemd
systemd-204-9.fc19.i686

$ cat /proc/mounts
(...)
/dev/sda6 / ext4 rw,seclabel,noatime,nobarrier 0 0
(...)

In addition, I have an issue related to systemd-journald stopping
logging after a while if there are lots of output, as I mentioned on
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.systemd.devel/12373 titled
"Journald stops logging when lots of output" .

Do you think:
a) mount options can affect systemd logging and
b) these two issues (the one on this email about corrupted journal and
the one on the linked thread about journald crashing when there are
lots of output) may be related?

Thanks in Advance,
--
Pedro