[systemd-devel] systemd session mode

Hristo Venev hristo at venev.name
Sun Dec 1 11:25:51 PST 2013

I've implemented session mode for systemd. I am currently using it and it works
pretty okay. I just had to generate D-Bus user services for D-Bus activation to
work.

A new variable, XDG_SESSION_DIR, has been added. It defaults to
/run/session/$XDG_SESSION_ID and is to be used for session-specific files as it
is `rm -rf`-ed on logout. There, in ./systemd/private, the systemd socket is
stored. Also, my implementation of session units stores the D-Bus socket in
./dbus/session_bus_socket.

Sorry if I am sending this for the third time but I can't see it in the mailing
list.