[systemd-devel] The whole su/pkexec session debate

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Mon Dec 2 02:00:06 PST 2013

'Twas brillig, and Martin Pitt at 02/12/13 05:48 did gyre and gimble:
>> > This way, screen will keep an "active" reference to the session and
>> > systemd-logind will not mark it as "closing".
>
> But that screen process would still be running in the user's logind
> session cgroup, so logind can see that the session is still active
> that way? (Unless you configured it to kill all session processes on
> logout).

The session is still marked as "closing" but because processes still
exist it never quite dies. And yes, the kill processes option (which is
a nice thing to enable if possible) would indeed kill the screen.

It would be really nice if screen somehow escaped, but if the pam* calls
need root then I think some other way would be better (perhaps with
logind doing some of the setup work... dunno).

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie