[systemd-devel] Code=exited, status=16 :: While Stopping

Chinmay Mahata chinmay_mahata at rediffmail.com
Fri Dec 27 00:36:18 PST 2013

Hi,
    I have written a systemd service script for one my daemons. The service is of "Type=forking".
When starting the service everything is working fine and I am getting status SUCCESS. But while I am stopping the service I am getting failed state error like "code=exited, status=15".

    I read the man pages as well as googled for this code and status, but find any definitive explanation for this type of status.

   Could you please throw me some light on this why my service failing while stopping? Also please let me know where can I get some documentation on these status codes.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
--Chinmay