[systemd-devel] Code=exited, status=16 :: While Stopping

Mantas Mikulėnas grawity at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 01:13:57 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 27, 2013 at 10:36 AM, Chinmay Mahata <
chinmay_mahata at rediffmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>     I have written a systemd service script for one my daemons. The
> service is of "Type=forking".
> When starting the service everything is working fine and I am getting
> status SUCCESS. But while I am stopping the service I am getting failed
> state error like "code=exited, status=15".
>
>     I read the man pages as well as googled for this code and status, but
> find any definitive explanation for this type of status.
>
>    Could you please throw me some light on this why my service failing
> while stopping? Also please let me know where can I get some documentation
> on these status codes.

These status codes are returned by your daemon; they are not defined by
systemd.

My guess is that the daemon just does not know how to handle SIGTERM, and
doesn't properly exit when receiving one. (This happens more often than you
would think...)

--
Mantas Mikulėnas <grawity at gmail.com>