[systemd-devel] Get rid of /etc/fstab

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Sun Feb 3 09:20:48 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 05:36:13PM +0100, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> I've tested deleting fstab file and this change nothing to my previous
> test with a blank fstab. Root filesystem is still ro and no options
> are took.

Part of the problem here is that api-remount-fs still relies on
/etc/fstab to remount the root fs. So, this will never work without
fstab.

I guess the logic needs to be changed to use options from the
appropriate / or /usr mount units.

Regardless, I'd suggest mounting your rootfs as RW, and make sure you
fsck in early userspace before the device is mounted.