[systemd-devel] python - reading the journal

Steven Hiscocks steven-systemd at hiscocks.me.uk
Sun Feb 3 13:18:28 PST 2013

Hi,

I've been developing a python module for accessing the journal, using
the journal API. (https://github.com/kwirk/pyjournalctl)

One issue I've had is with 'sd_journal_seek_monotonic_usec'. When
called, followed by call to 'sd_journal_next', I end up at the start of
the journal.
If I set a match for "_BOOT_ID" , before (or after) the call to
'sd_journal_seek_monotonic_usec' (with same "_BOOT_ID"), it then behaves
as I would expect and returns the closest log entry to the monotonic
time stamp.

I was wondering if this is this the intended behaviour, or is this a bug?

Thanks :)
--
Steven Hiscocks